The rate of drug overdose deaths in rural areas has outpaced the rate in urban areas across the United States. In Maryland, rural counties like Cecil County have reported an increase in opioid-related deaths.
Cecil County reported 85 opioid-related intoxication deaths in 2020 compared to 53 deaths in 2019. Many patients find that they need to leave Cecil County to get the personalized, caring treatment they need. Cecil County and the Town of Elkton have made it impossible for modern, outcome-based treatment providers to locate in Elkton.
Keep reading to learn about the latest drug addiction statistics in Maryland and where to go to find rehab centers near Elkton, MD.
Drug Addiction Statistics in Maryland
Drug addiction has taken a toll on the lives of many Marylanders over the years. Opioid addiction has had especially harmful effects on local communities. The Maryland Opioid Operational Command Center reported the following statistics.
- In 2020, 2,499 opioid-related deaths were reported in Maryland — 393 more deaths than in 2019.
- Opioids were involved in 90.1% of use-related intoxication deaths in 2020.
- In just the first sixth months of 2020, drug and alcohol-related deaths in Maryland increased by over 9%.
- Fentanyl-related deaths alone increased almost 12% in 2020 compared to the same period in 2019.
- Between 2018 and 2020, more than 8,000 people died due to opioid overdoses in MD, with the total increasing each year.
Why Drug Rehab Is Important to Recovery
Drug addiction has had decades-long consequences for public health in Maryland. In total, opioid deaths increased by more than 16% from 2019 to 2020. This jump is likely due to COVID-19’s negative impacts on mental health and healthcare access. It’s more important than ever that people struggling with addiction get the support they need.
Patients struggling with drug addiction and substance use disorders need competent care to guide their recovery. Medication assisted therapies like Suboxone treatment allow patients to recover safely but require careful oversight. These programs work best when combined with counseling, allowing patients to unlearn harmful behaviors.
What to Expect in a Treatment Center
Starting treatment in a Suboxone program can be intimidating. Addiction treatment providers want to help create a recovery plan that fits patients’ needs. When starting a program, patients discuss their medical history with providers, who then develop an individualized treatment plan.
Patients then enter programs that are tailored to the severity of their addiction while taking care of their personal needs. That may involve individual or group counseling and medication assisted therapies.
Whether it’s a patient’s first program or they need help to get back on the road to recovery, patients should look for programs that provide a network of supportive case managers, counselors, and other care providers.
Drug Addiction Rehab Centers Near Elkton, MD
The number of deaths in Cecil County is on the rise. Getting care from a high-quality Suboxone clinic can help patients successfully recover from substance use disorder.
Each patient needs to choose the program and location that will ease their path to long-term recovery. Nonetheless, in rural areas like Elkton, Suboxone clinics are few and far between, making accessing potentially life-saving treatment challenging. To serve the Elkton community, MATClinics opened its newest office in Havre de Grace in Harford County, a quick drive or bus ride from Elkton, but it also has four other centers nearby.
The listed MATClinics’ Suboxone clinics near Elkton offer the following addiction treatment services:
- Individual and group counseling for mental health and substance use disorders
- Outpatient Suboxone treatment for opioid use disorder
- Intensive outpatient counseling
- Psychiatry (only for MATClinics addiction treatment patients)
Continue reading to find a clinic near you.
- Havre de Grace, MD
- 253 Lewis Lane #201 Havre de Grace, MD 21078
- MATClinics’ office in Havre de Grace is located just off Route 40.
- Annapolis, MD
- 107 Ridgely Avenue #12 Annapolis, MD 21401
- MATClinics’ office in Annapolis is just off Rowe Boulevard, near the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium.
- Dundalk, MD
- 40 South Dundalk Avenue #400 Dundalk, MD 21222
- MATClinics’ office in Dundalk is located in Old Dundalk, just across the street from the Post Office.
- Laurel, MD
- 601 7th Street, #304 Laurel, MD 20707
- MATClinics’ office in Laurel is across the street from the City Library.
- Towson, MD
- 40 York Road #201 Towson, MD 21204
- MATClinics’ office in Towson is located just across the street from Towson University.
Find Healing in Elkton for Drug Addiction
Deciding to get help for substance use disorder can be daunting. Starting recovery can feel overwhelming, but our Suboxone providers are here to help.
Marylanders can access Suboxone treatment, counseling, and other services to start overcoming their addiction through targeted treatment and counseling. Insurance, including all CareFirst plans, as well as Medicare, and Medicaid, can help cover the cost of treatment.
Contact MATClinics today and let our staff support you on your journey to addiction recovery.